About Writing for Private Lender
Becoming a contributor
We are always looking for people with unique experiences and perspectives to write on topics of interest to private lenders. This means that most of our contributors are not professional writers: they are people working in private lending or support industries. Although some level of writing ability is necessary, we prioritize meaningful content.
Signing up to become a contributor is not a guarantee that your article idea or finished article will be accepted. Each article idea and finished article submission is considered on its own merits.
We accept submissions on topics related to the business or industry of private real estate lending. While we will occasionally publish overview, generalist, or list-type articles, we are primarily looking for content from subject matter experts that “gets in the weeds” so to speak in their areas of expertise.
Good: Setting up an email campaign to stay in front of your borrowers
Bad: 5 things any business needs to know about email marketing
You must disclose any actual or potential conflict of interest, including but not limited to any financial interest in any product or company/organization relevant to your submission.
When submitting an idea, please keep in mind the following dates:
|ISSUE||IDEAS DUE||CONTENT DUE|
Generally, we look for topics in the following broad categories as they apply to private lending. If it doesn’t quite fit, no worries – we’d still love to hear about your idea!
- Business Strategy
- Case Studies – download form here
- Corporate Responsibility
- Human Resources
- IRA Approach
- Last Call
- Legislation & Advocacy
- Lender Limelight
- Loan Servicing
- Managing & Leadership
- Market Trends & Economy
- Professional Development
Finished Article Requirements
- Original works submitted exclusively to AAPL.
- Between 1200-2000 words (exception: Last Call is 500 words).
- Written in Second Person Point of View (exception: Last Call and Case Study-type articles are first-person).
- Submitted as a Word document (exception: Case Study Forms may be submitted as PDF).
- Completed; we will not edit incomplete articles, and submissions that require rigorous editing may not be used.
- Educational/informative in nature; they may NOT be direct sales pieces, reference your products or include overly promotional language.
Photographs & illustrations
We do not buy photos from writers. We assign photos and illustrations to professionals as needed.