As your association, we are pledged to champion the private lending industry’s reputation and future growth as a viable alternative to conventional finance. As part of that mission, we feel it’s crucial to recognize those in the industry who look beyond the bounds of their own business to help our mission of elevating the private lending profession.
Our Excellence Awards showcase peer-nominated members who have leveraged their resources to solve problems, advanced the industry and professional performance, kick-started innovation and improved their communities. Each year, we gather nominations for Lender Member of the Year, Service Provider Member of the Year, Rising Star, and Community Impact Awards.
Nominations are open August 6, 2020, with voting from September 1-30, 2020. We’ll announce winners – by popular vote – at our 11th Annual Conference. Check out our 2019 awardees and more information about each award type below.
Nominate for 2020 Now!
This award goes to one lender and one service provider based on their deep expertise, unique value, and strong commitment to clients and growing the industry.
Service Provider Awardee
Rising Stars are members who have accomplished outstanding growth in their companies over the past year.
This award honors dedicated and innovative professionals and their commitment to bettering their local and/or private lending communities through volunteering, community development programs, or civic/legislative efforts.
More On Our Award Process
We announce award winners at the AAPL Annual Conference’s last day, November 17, 2020. Finalists do not need to be present to win, although we encourage it to be present in the photo-op that appears in post-conference winner recognition. Post-conference, we recognize winners in:
- Private Lender Magazine
- Social announcements
- Nominations are open through August 6, 2020.
- Peer voting is September 1-30, 2020.
- Finalists are then notified and will appear in the Fall edition of Private Lender magazine.
- Awardees are announced at out Annual Conference.
- Awardees are then featured on this page until the new nominees are announced for the next Annual Excellence Awards.
- Awardees also receive a feature in the conference recap of Private Lender magazine, usually the Winter (Q1) issue following the Annual Conference.