This Town Hall meets 3 times in 2019. Our Q4 Legislative Town Hall will be held at AAPL’s 10th Annual Conference Nov. 7-9.
Legislative Town Hall Dates:
- Wed, Feb 6, 2019 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM CST
- Wed, May 1, 2019 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM CDT
- Wed, Aug 7, 2019 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM CDT
About the Town Hall
Government policy has a direct impact on the everyday practice of private real estate lending. With recent trends pointing toward ever-increasing regulation, it is more important today than ever that private lenders are heard in the halls of federal and state legislatures.
AAPL’s advocacy role is to:
- Serve as a unified voice for the private real estate lending profession;
- Impact state and federal legislation/regulation/policy where it affects our profession;
- Provide a platform for AAPL members’ participation in the democratic process;
- Educate and inform public policy makers, influencers, and citizens with its specialized knowledge and expertise.
We host a quarterly Legislative Town Hall as a forum for our members to receive updates on our Government Relations Committee’s actions/outcomes and to ask questions and provide feedback/suggestions regarding advocacy efforts.